Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013: Village of Gagetown Barn

365 Project, Day 100
Here is my day one hundred submission to my 365Project:

Wow! I've posted 100 photos in my 365 Project now. I think I managed to get a photo up most days but I have realized it would be more difficult than I had anticipated when I started. Still, it is fun to look back on the many photos I've taken. I think I have also learned something about my photography in the process. 

I'm still visiting my family in New Brunswick and while I was on a walk around the cute Village of Gagetown I snapped some photos of this barn. Recently, I learned it is a good idea to have a strong foreground in landscape photos and I liked the detail in the wood of the fence post and the wire leading away from it. 



Fun fact of the day:
The Village of Gagetown (to be distinguished from the nearby Canadian Forces base CFB Gagetown) was founded in 1783. The village is steeped in history and became a busy and vibrant farming community. Today it is a mecca for artists, artisans, bird watchers and boaters.

Read more about the Village of Gagetown at the village webpage here

And some more photos from around Gagetown :)





Another photo of my parent's cute pup, Yoko, the Shiba Inu

While taking photos for an assignment for a photo class I'm taking I snapped this photo in my parent's dining room and I liked the lighting, the contrast in the wall colours and the old feel it had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment