Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26, 2013: Playing with water

365 Project, Day 112
Here is my day 112 submission to my 365Project:

I am currently taking a digital photography class (DP200) with Mike at Clocktower Images in Victoria and for one of our assignments we were to take photos of water frozen in motion and blurred. I ended up taking a water fountain photo for my assignment but one of the women in my class did something quite simple and fun...she ran water over a mug in her sink which resulted in some pretty cool photos. 

After that class I decided I would like to do the same to see what results I would get. It wasn't very difficult since I just had to set the camera on a high shutter speed (1/1000s or higher and high ISO 800+); the hardest part was to get lots of light on the subject with the high shutter speeds to get these results. As you'll see below the results varied depending on the glass used and how fast the water was flowing. I also played a bit with post-processing and the colour of the photos. 


Fun fact of the day:
According to Zeiss the largest SLR lens made is the Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T. It was custom-built for an anonymous customer who had a particular interest in wildlife photography. It weighs 564 lb/265 kg and has a focal length of 1700 mm and was designed for use with a Hasselblad 6x6 medium format camera!

Read more interesting photography facts at this digitalcameraworld webpage.









No comments:

Post a Comment