Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25, 2013: Fall Decay

365 Project, Day 111
Here is my day 111 submission to my 365Project:

I ventured out again this morning to see what was lingering around Beacon Hill Park in the early hours of the day. It was a damp, foggy and cool October day and while on my walk I found one of many leaves starting to decay on the ground. I liked how photographing it with the grey sky for the background made the colour  pop and the details of the leaf stand out. I love this time of year...energy in nature in transition into something new!


Fun fact of the day:
Longer nights and cool evening weather of fall results in great conditions for stargazers. Also, fall is considered "aurora season" according to NASA because geomagnetic storms are twice as frequent at this time of year compared to the annual average. 

To read more interesting facts about fall check out this LiveScience webpage.

Here are some more photos from today's October morning photographic wandering:

For the following four photos I was playing with depth of field and focus to get the dew drops on the pine leaves. I was pretty happy with the results :)

Pine dew




Anna's hummingbird (Calypte anna)

The small forested area on Beacon Hill

The small forested area on Beacon Hill




Mushrooms with spider webs and dew

Mushroom Dew


No comments:

Post a Comment