Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2013: On The Move

365 Project, Day 105
Here is my day 105 submission to my 365Project:

I spent another afternoon wandering around Beacon Hill Park to see what I could capture in photos. It was a lot of fun watching the peacocks and squirrels and ducks and the lighting was lovely. Here is a shot I grabbed of this peacock, whose tail and head feather's were just coming in, on the move through the park.  

One of many peafowl inhabiting Beacon Hill Park

Fun fact of the day: 
The term "peacock" is usually used to refer to both male and female birds but, in fact, the males are "peacocks" while the females are called "peahens" and the two combined are called "peafowl".

Read more about Peafowl on the National Geographic Peacock webpage.
 
It was lots of fun watching the Eastern grey squirrels (Sciurus carolinensis) running around grabbing nuts and stashing them

Going down for another nut :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment